Grammar----Relative pronouns of attributive clauses: that, which, who, whom
Step1 Leading in
Begin with a guessing game.
“It is a machine that can fly. What is it?”
“He is a popular singer in Taiwan who is famous for R&B. Who is he?”
“It is a machine which is user for moving people up and down. What is it?”
“She is a lovely girl that won the first place in women single table tennis in the 28th Olympic Games. Who is she?
Step2 The structure of attributive clause
Step3 Find out the attributive clauses in a passage.
David Holmes studied at our school from 1990 to 1998. He has recently returned from his studies in Chine. David was one of the most helpful students who we ever had. In 1998, he went to Oxford University where he got interested in Chinese culture.
After graduating from university, he went to China to study Chinese at Beijing Language and Culture University. Two years later, he was able to speak very good Chinese. Up on finishing his studies, he started traveling in China. Some of the cities which he likes most are Beijing, Shanghai, Harbin and Nanjing. In China he developed an interest in teaching English to Chinese students. Most of the students that he taught have became his friends.
Step4 Find out the rules
（2）学生两人一组，讨论关系代词whom, which, that在从句中作宾语时可以省略。
Most of the students that he taught have become his friends.
=Most of the students have become his friends. He taught them.
Most of the students he taught have became his friends.（正确）
Most of the students that he taught them have became his friends（错误）
引导学生发现以下规律：关系代词whom, which, that在从句中作宾语时可以省略，它所替代的句子成分不可以再出现。这是教学难点之一，通过拆分句子的练习让学生发现其规律。
(1)Do exercises in Workbook P.88用定语从局改写下面的句子。
1. This is the school. I have studied in this school for a week.
2. The teach ring building looks nice. The building was put up last year.
3. In my class there are 50 students. They are all lovely and friendly.
4. Next to me sits a girl. The girl’s name is Tina.
5. Tina likes reading the novels. The novels are written by Charles Dickens.
6. Students like the school news, the radio club broadcasts school news.
7. Miss Li is my favourite teacher. She is patient with us.
8. Below are the subjects: English, History, Moths. I enjoyed them.
(2)Fill in the blanks
1. The first book (that/which) I’d like to read during the holidays is Travel in China.
2. She was the teacher who taught us English Literature.
3. I was glad that all my classmates enjoyed the cake (that\which) I made.
4. The trees which are on the school campus have lost their leaves.
5. The students (whom\who\that) we saw just now are the best runner in our school.
6. Jack is no longer the lazy boy (whom\who\that) he used to be.
This book is useful.
S1: This book which my mother gave me is useful.
S2: This book that cost me 10 yuan is useful.
S3: This book I like very much is useful.
在屏幕上呈现图片：Mr. Ding (Maths teacher) School
(2)设计了综合语言实践活动“My School Life”。学生四人一组进行讨论，要求使用定语从句，可参考练习中的句子。活动后，提问个别小组到讲台汇报叙述。
Step6 Self assessment
- 更新：2008/9/6 5:03:18 编辑：fengyefy
关于组织观看《劳模工匠进校园全国劳模先进事迹报告会》通知关于组织观看《劳模工匠进校园全国劳模先进事迹报告会》通知 2023-03-27 06:14·数智赋能育人侯银海详情
- 三年级英语小组合作学习案例分析 (12-23 12:38)
- 高矮胖瘦 信手拈来 (01-07 06:26)
- 《高中英语第一册必修2 Unit1》教学课例 (10-20 04:51)
- 高一英语教学课例 (02-22 04:28)
- 初中英语教学目标的设计和案例分析 (02-09 05:12)
- 案例片断 (11-14 05:46)